Federal Benefits Open Season
The Federal Benefits Open Season will run from Monday, November 9 through Monday, December 14, 2020. Open Season is the time for employees to review their benefits and make sure that their choices still meet their needs.
During Open Season, employees may consider:
- Enrolling in a flexible spending account for health care and dependent care. Employees must re-enroll in the Federal Flexible Spending Account (FSAFEDS) program each plan year to participate. Enrollment does not carry over from year to year.
- Enrolling, changing, or cancelling an existing enrollment in a dental or vision plan under the Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance (FEDVIP) program.
- Enrolling, changing, or cancelling an existing enrollment in a health plan under the Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) program.
All employees are encouraged to review the 2020 Open Season Checklist and the Circle ‘Round Your Benefits diagram for more information. Additional resources can be found on the Office of Personnel Management’s website.
Here are some tips to prepare for Open Season:
- Request your Employee Personal Page Password: If you have lost or forgotten your Employee Personal Page (EPP) password, you may request a new password by email or by mail.
- Review your current benefit elections: You may access your current benefit elections on your EPP.
- Verify your home mailing address: Verify or update your home mailing address in the payroll system to guarantee receipt of any mailed Open Season correspondence under the Residence Address option of the EPP.
- Verify your beneficiary designation information: Review and update your beneficiary designation information to ensure that in the event of your death, your intended beneficiaries are documented. You may review beneficiary designation information through your Electronic Official Personnel Folder (eOPF).
- Attend a Virtual Benefits Open Season Health Fair: Health Fairs provide an opportunity to discuss benefits and ask questions of various benefits specialists and vendors.
For more information, contact the Retirement and Benefits Advisory Services Branch at 202-325-6180, 1-800-987-8612 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.