Ensure the work experience on your resume clearly documents your experience as it relates to the job announcement (Qualifications). If your resume and/or supporting documents do not clearly document how you are qualified, you may be rated ineligible.
At the time of application, to verify your eligibility for option 1 identified above, you must submit a copy of
- Active duty orders for your spouse or other documentation from the military showing that your spouse is on active duty (i.e., active duty orders, PCS orders, statement of service, military ID); and,
- Documentation verifying marriage (i.e., a marriage license or other legal documentation verifying marriage).
At the time of application, to verify your eligibility for options 2 and 3 identified above, you must submit
- Documentation showing your spouse was released or discharged from active duty due to a service-connected disability or discharged due to death;
- Documentation showing your spouse retired, or was released or discharged from active duty, with a disability rating of 100 percent, or killed while serving on active duty;
- Documentation verifying marriage (i.e., a marriage license or other legal documentation verifying marriage); and,
- A statement certifying that you are the un-remarried widow or widower of the service member (if applicable).
If you are selected, you may be required to submit additional documentation to verify eligibility.
You must submit all required documents by the closing date of the announcement with your application package.