Job Category: Inspection, Investigation, Enforcement, and Compliance
Job Series: 1894 (OPM Classification & Qualifications)
Types / Parentheticals
- Entry Specialist
- Entry Officer
- Drawback Specialist
- Liquidation Specialist
- Supervisory Entry Officer
- Supervisory Entry Specialist
- Supervisory Liquidation Specialist
- Supervisory Drawback Specialist
This job series covers positions that are journey-level administrative positions and include acting as the principle point of contact and technical expert in entering merchandise into the United States. In addition, they contribute to marketing efforts to encourage participation in a variety of automated systems and newly developed programs.
Duties at CBP
Work within this job series includes duties and responsibilities ensuring compliance to a wide range of admissibility and control requirements. Typical work assignments include:
- Providing customer service to Customs brokers, importers and carriers by responding to processing questions related to importation of merchandise;
- Resolving discrepancies in the Automated Commercial System (ACS) or Automated Commercial Environment (ACE) for entry processing to prevent liquidation, suspension, closure or other action;
- Providing advice on various filer based transactions and collecting and depositing revenue for imported merchandise;
- Managing the entire ACS/ACE protest and claims module to ensure accountability, accurate tracking, and proper disposition;
- Analyzing a variety of ACS/ACE reports to ensure filer integrity and compliance with laws, rules and regulations.
View the Professional Staff Application Process page for more details.