Types / Parentheticals
- Contract Specialist
- Procurement Analyst
- Contract Officer
- Supervisory Contracting Officer
- Supervisory Contract Specialist
This job series covers positions responsible for professional services involving the procurement of supplies, services, construction, or research and development using formal advertising or negotiation procedures; the evaluation of contract price proposals; and the administration or termination and close out of contracts.
Duties at CBP
Work within this job series requires a Contract Specialist to have knowledge of the legislation, regulations, and methods used in contracting; and knowledge of business and industry practices, sources of supply, cost factors, and requirements characteristics. Typical work assignments may include:
- Soliciting, evaluating, negotiating, and awarding contracts with commercial organizations and other institutions, and State, local or foreign governments for furnishing products, services, construction or research and development to the Federal Government Determining legality of payments;
- Administering contracts by assuring compliance with the terms and conditions of contracts, including resolution of problems concerning the obligations of the parties;
- Terminating contracts by analyzing, negotiating, and settling claims and proposals;
- Analyzing and evaluating cost or price proposals and accounting systems data;
- Planning, establishing, or reviewing contracts, programs, policies, or procedures; and
- Developing acquisition strategies and directing or managing procurements.
- Arlington, VA
- Indianapolis, IN
- Washington, DC
View the Professional Staff Application Process page for more details.