International Trade Specialist/Analyst
Types / Parentheticals
- International Trade Specialist
- International Trade Analyst
- Lead International Trade Specialist
- Supervisory International Trade Analyst
- Supervisory International Trade Officer
This job series covers positions that provide technical trade advice and guidance to customers and other government agencies to ensure optimum execution of programs and enforcement of trade laws. International Trade Specialists/Analysts analyze data to identify risk areas in the global supply networks; analyze trade trends, enforcement operations, and trade program effectiveness. International Trade Specialists/Analysts also draft operational policy for regulatory implementation of trade laws recommending corrective actions and possible solutions to trade enforcement.
Duties at CBP
Work within this job series requires an auditor to perform a variety of duties that involve planning, conducting, and reporting on a variety of complex audit assignments and reviewing accounting systems pertaining to various business operations, which includes import operations. Typical work assignments may include:
Work within this job series requires an International Trade Specialist/Analyst to perform a variety of duties that involve analyzing, planning, and reporting of a variety of complex trade enforcement issues and operations. Typical work assignments include:
- Identifying issues, accurately designing and developing short and long term commercial trade intervention strategies;
- Performing research and analytical work for the development of new concepts for trade strategies;
- Monitoring the execution of enforcement actions to ensure that milestones are being met; and
- Responding to the agency's top level management as well as to Department or congressional inquiries by preparing letters, memoranda, and reports.
- Washington, DC
View the Professional Staff Application Process page for more details.