- Paralegal Specialist
- Supervisory Paralegal Specialist
- Paralegal Specialist (FOIA Policy Advisors)
This job series covers positions responsible for providing legal support work arising from seizures, penalties and liquidated damages assessed under laws and regulations enforced by CBP.
Duties at CBP
Work within this job series requires Paralegal Specialists to perform a variety of duties that involve knowledge of new or revised statute and precedent and a general knowledge of the laws that govern CBP. Typical work assignments include:
- Assisting with selection, assembly, summary, and compilation of substantive information by use of statutes, regulations, department orders, digests, commentaries, legal instruments and other legal reference material;
- Supporting The Office of Chief Counsel (OCC) and Department of Justice (DOJ) trial attorneys as necessary in gathering assembling and preparing Customs and Border Protection (CBP) documents in support of CBP's position with respect to cases to be litigated in administrative processes and in the Federal Court system;
- Assisting with the search of administrative and court pleadings records for submission by the senior paralegal to the appropriate parties in compliance with requests for information;
- Collecting facts from internal and external sources and assisting with the preparation of litigation reports in connection with lawsuits filed against CBP; and
- Assisting with the examination and evaluation of requests for information under the Freedom of Information and Privacy Acts.
- Washington, DC
- Boston, MA
- New York, NY
View the Professional Staff Application Process page for more details.