Types / Parentheticals
- General Engineer
- Systems Engineer
- Senior Systems Engineer
- Supervisory General Engineer
- Supervisory General Engineer (Facilities Director)
This job series covers positions responsible for originating new and improved applications and strategies for engineering or architecture concepts, theories, and principles, and influencing the overall quality of decisions made by management to implement projects and impact major plans in programs throughout the agency.
Duties at CBP
Work within this job series requires an Engineer to function individually and in ad hoc teams performing a variety of professional engineering and project management duties that influence management decisions and impact major plans in programs throughout the agency. Typical work assignments may include:
- Evaluating, reviewing and analyzing complex high technology projects related to the enforcement mission of the agency;
- Evaluating and developing innovative methods of introducing state-of-the-art technology and systems engineering processes into CBP programs;
- Serving as the project leader or a subject matter expert for engineering issues and representing the office at interagency work groups; and
- Managing the development, production and/or fielding phases of complex projects
View the Professional Staff Application Process page for more details.