Types / Parentheticals
- Nurse Consultant
- Lead Nurse Consultant
- Supervisory Nurse Consultant
This job series covers positions responsible for developing, administering, and coordinating the agency’s health and safety programs. As a Nurse Consultant, individuals perform work associated with a broad range of health programs to include Fitness for Duty examinations, Return to Work examinations after a work-related injury, pre-employment medical evaluations, medical retention standards, health maintenance, and wellness programs.
Duties at CBP
Work within this job series requires a Nurse Consultant to provide medical expertise that supports the development and administration of CBP health and safety programs. Nurse Consultants perform a broad array of specific clinical advisory functions. Typical work assignment may include:
- Developing requirements, standards, and procedures for agency medical examination programs;
- Developing and/or standardizing new or existing procedures for quality review processes for agency’s medical examination programs;
- Reviewing results of medical examinations and contacting employees and applicants regarding significant findings;
- Explaining clinical findings to applicants, employees, and management;
- Performing extensive reviews of medical records for Fitness for Duty, Return to Work, and Pre-Employment examinations;
- Preparing case reviews and serving as an information resource for the agency’s Medical Review Board;
- Interacting with Labor and Employee Relations Specialists concerning Fitness for Duties (FFDE);
- Interfacing with agency Injury Compensation Specialist, coordinators, and contacts within the Department of Labor on Return to Work (RTW) cases.
- Bloomington, MN
- Washington, DC
View the Professional Staff Application Process page for more details.