Types / Parentheticals
- Budget Analyst
- Lead Budget Analyst
- Supervisory Budget Analyst
This job series covers positions responsible for advising, performing or supervising work in any phase of budget administration when such work requires knowledge and skill in applying budget-related laws, regulations, policies, precedents, methods, and techniques. Budget analysts are involved in both budget formulation and budget execution for either a segment of an organization’s budget, programs, and/or organizational structure.
Duties at CBP
Work within this job series requires a Budget Analyst to perform a variety of duties that involve providing expert advice, assistance, and guidance to agency officials on budgetary policies, regulations, and objectives. Typical work assignments may include:
- Reviewing, editing, and consolidating annual and multi-year budget estimates;
- Providing analytical services to support the formulation, justification, presentation, enactment, and execution stages of the budget process;
- Analyzing a wide range of past and present program and employment statistics and financial data;
- Monitoring the execution of a budget with many different sources and types of funding; and
- Analyzing changes in budgetary/financial policies, regulations, constraints, objectives, and available funds.
- Indianapolis, IN
- Washington, DC
View the Professional Staff Application Process page for more details.