Types / Parentheticals
- Accounting Technician
This job series covers positions performing a variety of duties in support of accounting and finance. This position provides entry level trainee work experience. The work is technical in nature and supports such functions as revenue processing, commercial accounts, travel, and payroll.
Duties at CBP
Work within this job series is designed to provide experience in applying the principles of accounting and finance, as well as to develop skill in financial work methods and techniques. Typical work assignments may include:
- Verifying, reviewing or processing intra-government or commercial payment, travel, or payroll transactions and/or expenditures;
- Reviewing and processing transactions into various financial systems;
- Correcting erroneous data and preparing documents for input into accounting systems;
- Performing technical duties utilizing financial/accounting systems, processes and procedures; and
- Performing customer service helpdesk functions by receiving, researching, and responding to telephone and email inquiries.
- Indianapolis, IN
- Washington, DC
View the Professional Staff Application Process page for more details.