Types / Parentheticals
- Accountant (Financial Mgmt/IT Systems Audits)
- Staff Accountant
- Lead Accountant
- Lead Systems Accountant
- Lead Staff Accountant
- Supervisory Accountant
- Supervisory Operating Accountant
- Supervisory Staff Accountant
This job series covers positions responsible for providing professional accounting services and ancillary administrative guidance for conventional accounting systems. As an Accountant, individuals perform a broad range of work to include fulfilling reporting requirements and providing professional accounting services in varied externally and internally-directed functions.
Duties at CBP
Work within this job series requires an Accountant to have knowledge of generally accepted accounting concepts, practices and techniques; ability to apply conventional procedures and practices to most assignments, and knowledge of GAD, OMB, Treasury Department and other regulations, policies and procedures. Typical work assignments may include:
- Performing ledger operations, including analyzing transactions for effects on assets, liabilities, net position, and operations;
- Determining legality of payments;
- Advising technicians on the proper recording of transactions;
- Preparing statements and reports for management purposes;
- Planning, developing and reviewing internal controls;
- Developing guidance for implementing accounting policies and procedures.
- Indianapolis, IN
- Washington, DC
View the Professional Staff Application Process page for more details.