Financial Program Specialist
Types / Parentheticals
- Financial Systems Specialist
- Lead Financial Program Specialist
- Supervisory Financial Program Specialist
- Supervisory Financial Systems Specialist
This job series covers positions responsible for providing financial program administration and analytic support to designated operational accounting, payroll, revenue and/or financial reporting functions.
Duties at CBP
Work within this job series requires a Financial Program or Systems Specialist to perform a variety of duties that involve financial reporting, administration, and support. Typical work assignments may include:
- Interpreting and applying laws, regulations and other guidance to functional processes ensuring procedures and automated systems are in compliance;
- Collecting and analyzing data used to develop/improve services to internal and external customers and providing technical assistance and advice to internal and external customers;
- Recommending changes to automated systems, developing reports, or modifying procedures to assure responses are completed within acceptable timeframes;
- Studying and analyzing statistical data and providing management decision-makers with information potentially useful for enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of existing or proposed accounting services and support activities; and
- Identifying and reporting problems detected in applicable program functional operations and supporting automated systems.
- Washington, DC
- Indianapolis, IN
View the Professional Staff Application Process page for more details.