Job Category: General Administrative, Clerical, and Office Services
Job Series: 0391 (OPM Classification & Qualifications)
Types / Parentheticals
- Telecommunications Specialist
- Telecommunications Specialist (Voice)
- Lead Telecommunications Specialist
- Telecommunications Manager
This job series covers positions responsible for planning, programming, budgeting, acquiring, managing, and maintaining the necessary resources to cost effectively provide shared mission critical tactical communications services that meet the operational requirements and priorities of DHS and other designated DHS operating elements. Work in this series is performed in remote electronic shops, at remote sites, in outlying and remote stations.
Duties at CBP
Work within this job series requires a Telecommunications Specialist to perform a variety of duties that involves a wide range of knowledge of communications concepts, principles, procedures, and practices; utilizing a thorough knowledge of communications, systems, services, equipment, and transmissions media, and well as customer requirements premises; and skill in resolving difficult and complex telecommunication problems. Typical work assignments may include:
- Installing, troubleshooting, repairing, redesigning, and maintaining telecommunications systems;
- Configuring and maintaining telecommunication networks and applications, such as intrusion detection systems, land, mobile radio communication, and video surveillance;
- Resolving telecommunication equipment failure and unsatisfactory performance problems;
- Analyzing and determining optimal telecommunications system configurations.
- Various locations nationwide
View the Professional Staff Application Process page for more details.