Management and Program Analyst
Job Category: General Administrative, Clerical, and Office Services
Job Series: 0343 (OPM Classification & Qualifications)
- Program Analyst
- Management and Program Analyst
- Management and Program Analyst (Logistics)
- Management and Program Analyst (Planning Analyst)
- Management and Program Analyst (Program Advisor)
- Supervisory Management and Program Analyst
This job series covers positions responsible for assisting policy makers in developing, evaluating, analyzing and interpreting policies to resolve problems of functional, national and/or international significance and impact. Management and Program Analyst will serve as analyst and/or advisor to management on a major mission or administrative program to assist in performing a range of developmental assignments and program activities for assessment of management processes, systems and mission support programs. Those may include, but are not limited to, statistical research, performance measurement, information systems, organizational structure, planning and control systems, and new methods and procedures.
Duties at CBP
Work within this job series requires a Management and Program Analyst to assist with developing policies, conducting special studies, providing technical advice and assessing the productivity, effectiveness and efficiency of program operations, administrative support and staff activities. Typical work assignments include:
- Implementing and coordinating program and management activities requiring qualitative and quantitative methods;
- Developing and evaluating policies in program areas in addition to evaluating new or modified legislation that will have an impact on agency programs;
- Providing oversight on new policies with managers and top-level officials;
- Assisting in or developing management information systems focusing on long and short range plans, policies, or programs; and
- Planning, developing, and coordinating management activities through briefings, presentations and conferences for managers and top-level officials.
- Washington, DC
View the Professional Staff Application Process page for more details.