Mission Support Assistant
Job Category: General Administrative, Clerical, and Office Services
Job Series: 0303 (OPM Classification & Qualifications)
Types / Parentheticals
- Mission Support Assistant
- Mission Support Assistant (Office Automation)
This job series covers positions responsible for providing substantive administrative support to the managers and staff of the assigned organization. Specialty areas include budget and finance matters; human resources and administrative functions; logistics and procurement management. Mission Support Assistants perform their work independently, choosing the proper methods and procedures. They work to resolve problems, which are covered by established guidelines. Completed work is reviewed for conformance.
Duties at CBP
Work within this job series requires a Mission Support Assistant to perform a variety of duties that involve knowledge in a wide range of mission support procedures and regulations to process various requests and actions and skill in applying data gathering methods using various internal research sources in order to assist staff members on projects, studies and other assignments. Typical work assignments may include:
- Responding to and interacting with the public to convey standard information on the mission of the agency;
- Assisting managers with planning and implementation of physical moves, e.g., develops floor plans and accommodates special equipment requirements;
- Assisting in appropriating budget allocations for the organization to include: budget transactions, expenditures, transfers and reimbursements in order to ascertain the status of funds; and
- Providing assistance to higher graded Mission Support Specialist with various Human Resources procedures, e.g., onboard data, personnel actions, payroll changes and training plans.
View the Professional Staff Application Process page for more details.