Human Resources Assistant
Types / Parentheticals
- Human Resources Assistant (Office Automation)
- Human Resources Assistant (Information Systems)
- Human Resources Assistant (Classification)
- Human Resources Assistant (Recruitment & Placement)
- Human Resources Assistant (Employee Benefits)
- Human Resources Assistant (Employee & Labor Relations)
- Lead Human Resources Assistant
This job series covers positions responsible for providing support, guidance, and expertise in various Human Resources (HR) functions. Specialty areas include HR information systems, classification, recruitment and placement, employee benefits, human resources development, performance management, and employee and labor relations. HR Assistants perform their work in a multitude of different office settings, processing a wide variety of HR actions that involve various forms, hiring authorities, action codes, regulatory policies and procedures, and pay systems.
Duties at CBP
Work within this job series requires an HR Assistant to perform a variety of support duties that involve skills using automated systems and programs; the ability to plan, coordinate, and advise on HR procedures and processes; resolving issues and operating problems; and using a comprehensive knowledge of HR rules, procedures and technical methods to process HR actions. Typical work assignments may include:
- Responding to inquiries concerning HR processing procedures and services;
- Providing information and advice on automated HR systems, processes and procedures to supervisors and employees;
- Assisting employees in preparing and submitting a variety of personnel forms;
- Assisting HR and other specialists by performing detailed reviews of documentation for further analysis and processing a broad array of HR actions; and
- Providing support to HR and other specialists performing a variety of support tasks unique to the areas of classification, recruitment and placement, employee benefits, human resource development, employee and labor relations, information systems, and performance management.
- Bloomington, MN
- Indianapolis, IN
- Washington, DC
View the Professional Staff Application Process page for more details.