Virtual Job Fair - Veterans and Military Spouses
U.S. Customs and Border Protection Office of Information and Technology (OIT) is hiring! We are looking for candidates with diverse backgrounds across multiple career fields, including Information Security, IT Network, IT Customer Support, Application Software, IT Policy and Planning and Management and Program Analysts. Qualified candidates may be eligible for a non-competitive appointment using special hiring authorities for veterans and military spouses. Candidates will need to provide a resume and supporting documentation in order to be considered for one of the hiring authorities below.
- Veterans Recruitment Authority (VRA) & 30% or more Disabled Veteran Authority - DD214 (Member 4 copy) and civil service preference letter (if applicable)
- Military Spouse Appointing Authority- Resume and documentation verifying the marriage, i.e. marriage certificate and include one of the following:
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) Orders (for military spouses of active duty service members)
- DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (for military spouses of disabled separated or retired veterans and widows or widowers who are not remarried, of military service members who were killed on active duty)
- DD-1300, Report of Casualty (for military spouses who are widows and widowers, and are not remarried, of military service members who were killed on active duty)
OIT needs highly trained and intelligent professionals able to develop creative solutions to asymmetric challenges. As part of our carefully selected and highly dedicated team, you will leverage state-of-the-art technology and innovative strategies to protect our communities, defend our borders, and ensure our national security. "Vigilance, Service to Country, Integrity" is our ethos; are you ready for the challenge?
Register for This Event:
All questions regarding this event should be sent through the registration site.
Interested in employment with OIT, but cannot attend the virtual event? Please submit your resume and supporting documentation to email@example.com.
Multiple positions are available. Attendees assume all costs associated with participating in this event. Participation is voluntary and not required to seek employment with CBP. All applicants must be able to successfully pass a background investigation and drug test. U.S. citizenship is required.
CBP is an equal opportunity employer.
OIT's internship announcements are routinely posted on www.usajobs.gov. Candidates interested in internship opportunities must apply online through the vacancy announcements.
Please visit www.usajobs.gov and keyword search for “Customs and Border Protection, Office Information and Technology".
Create your account on www.usajobs.gov and upload your resume and supporting documents, as requested in the announcement. Click the “Apply” button on the announcement, attach your resume and documents, and answer the assessment questions. You may also be directed to submit a longer USAHire Assessment.
To receive email notifications when new OIT positions are announced, set up a “saved search” on www.usajobs.gov (account creation required) with keyword “Customs and Border Protection, Office of Information and Technology”. You can also follow us on Twitter to be the first to know when OIT will conduct the next hiring event!