2800A LaForce Boulevard
Post Office Box 60405
Midland, Texas 79711
Phone: (432) 561-8911
Fax: (432) 561-9106
History and Area of Responsibility
The station was created when personnel and equipment from the Big Spring Station were moved to Midland in 1988. The original Big Spring Station was opened in 1929. It was closed in 1938 and reopened in 1952. In January, 1961, the Big Spring Station became a part of Big Bend Sector.
The Midland Station covers 14 counties located within the Permian Basin of West Texas: Ector, Midland, Andrews, Gaines, Martin, Dawson, Howard, Borden, Mitchell, Scurry and Fisher Counties.