Management Operations & Communications
Director (Chief of Staff): Robert "Ben" Andrews
The Management, Operations, and Communications (MOC) Directorate is the OCA lead for inter-office coordination of taskings, correspondence, reports, and FOIA requests. The directorate manages OCA’s budget planning and execution process, the creation of internal OCA policy, and CBP directives concerning congressional matters as well as OCA hiring practices, facility issues and equipment, supplies, and inventory maintenance. The directorate provides support to the Assistant Commissioner and Deputy Assistant Commissioner, and, through student interns and volunteers, office staff.
The MOC Directorate:
- Coordinates responses to all congressional correspondence directed to CBP, manages the review of congressional reports, hearing transcripts, and questions for the record for CBP and DHS leadership.
- Supports OCA’s outreach activities by generating various forms of media to communicate CBP programs, operations, policies, and priorities to Congress.Coordinates activities and events aimed at increasing congressional understanding of CBP’s mission, operations, challenges, and successes.
- Assists in articulating the long-term priorities of CBP leadership, strengthens collaboration among CBP component offices, and formulates integrated strategies for garnering congressional understanding and support.
- Provides critical assessments of proposed strategic congressional action and examines key strategic issues.
- Supports CBP’s legislative and programmatic initiatives by proactively promoting greater understanding of and increased support for CBP operations, programs, policies, and initiatives among Members of Congress, congressional committees, and their staff. The directorate works in close partnership with CBP leadership and the Department of Homeland Security.