The eAPIS Online Transmission System requires new commercial air carriers, air APIS transmitters and private flyers to register and confirm their registration information. Once registered, the system automatically issues a unique APIS sender ID code and, if required, assigns an APIS airline or carrier code. Previously registered commercial air carriers and/or APIS transmitters with issued codes will need to confirm their registration information for data security and integrity purposes. CBP highly encourages all eAPIS users to first complete the eAPIS Online Tutorial Courses to ensure they are fully aware of the process.
Benefits and features of the eAPIS Online Transmission System:
- Fully UN/EDIFACT formatting compliant
- Meets current and future APIS data element requirements for mandated APIS transmission for both TSA and CBP
- Provides a secure, single air APIS transmission window
- Provides an online printable transmission confirmation number
- Provides an e-mail receipt with system processing information