What Alternative Inspection Programs Does This Port Accept?
- Canadian Border Boat Landing Permit Program (I-68)
- NEXUS Program
Participants in these programs may report their arrival to CBP by calling the number below. Unless directed by a CBP Officer, participants in these programs do not have to report for an in-person inspection.
Phone in Arrivals when arriving in the New England Area:
(207) 532-2131 EXT. 255
Arrivals may also be reported via FAX:
What information do I have to have when I call?
All Vessel masters must phone in their arrival and have the following information available:
- name, date of birth and citizenship of all persons on board (including passport number);
- Name of the boat and/or boat registration number;
- CBP user fee decal number (if 30 feet or longer);
- Homeport and current location; and
- Return contact number.
To ensure timely service, an advance notice of arrival of at least one hour should be made
Designated Ports of Inspection
Connecticut (Services New London)
Regular Inspection Hours: 0800-1600, M-F. To guarantee timely service, after hours service is by advance appointment only. If arriving outside of regular hours, tie-up/anchor, and hoist "Q" flag. No one to board or leave the vessel until inspected.
Boston-Locations within Boston Harbor Only
Bar Harbor - Maine Town Pier
Belfast - Town Pier
Portland - State Pier
Eastport - Commercial Pier