2015 East Coast Trade Symposium "Transforming Global Trade”
Registration is Now Open
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is proud to announce that the 2015 East Coast Trade Symposium is scheduled for November 4-5, 2015 and will be held at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront Hotel in Baltimore, Maryland. The theme for the Trade Symposium is "Transforming Global Trade." A keynote address will be delivered by CBP Commissioner, R. Gil Kerlikowske, as well as presentations by other distinguished guests. Topics will include:
- The United States Single Window: Border Reimagined;
- Trade Facilitation Agreement;
- North American Perspective: A Customs View Topic; and
- Global Supply Chain.
For more information on the November 2015 East Coast Trade Symposium, please see the agenda below. Please feel free to share this information with interested members of your organizations and associations.
Registration for the 2015 East Coast Trade Symposium is now open! Use the following link to access the online registration (Click here to register online).
The registration fee for is $157.00 U.S. dollars. Registration must be made on-line at CBP.gov and payment must be secured with a valid credit card.
- Registrations will be confirmed and processed on a first come, first served basis.
- Requests for special needs should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Members of the press interested in covering the Trade Symposium should contact the CBP Office of Public Affairs at email@example.com.
U.S. Federal Employee Participation:
- All Title 5 Executive Agency employees must follow travel and relocation policies, including those on temporary duty travel allowances. See Federal Travel Regulations, 41 C.F.R. §§ 301-11.18, 301-74.21. ( 41 C.F.R. §§ 301-11.18, 301-74.21 ) Employees eligible to receive per diem expenses must adjust their Meals & Incidental Expenses (M&IE) allowance to account for meals furnished by CBP.
All requests for cancellations/refunds must be submitted through the form provided and received no later than October 23, 2015 for Onsite participation. (Click here for Onsite Cancellation Form)
CBP will follow the federal government operating status as indicated on the U.S. Office of Personnel Management’s website, including specifics for employees located in the Washington, DC Metropolitan area. (OPM.gov ) If the 2015 East Coast Trade Symposium is cancelled due to inclement weather, a natural disaster, or state of emergency, CBP will refund all registration fees within 14 days.
Although all arrangements and expenses for lodging are the responsibility of the attendees, CBP has confirmed a room block for the East Coast Trade Symposium:
Baltimore Marriott Waterfront Hotel
700 Aliceanna Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
Reservation Link: Click here to reserve hotel accommodations online
Telephone: (410) 385-3000
NOTE: Please do not make reservations at the above-referenced hotel until you have received confirmation of your attendance. The room block is limited and will be reserved on a first-come first serve basis.
Once again, we thank you for your interest and look forward to seeing you at the 2015 East Coast CBP Trade Symposium.
"Transforming Global Trade"
Tuesday, November 3, 2015
Overview: 5 Breakout Sessions