Over the last decade, the number of Free Trade Agreements and preferential trade legislation programs has increased significantly. In response to this current trade environment reality, CBP has designated Trade Agreements as a Priority Trade Issue (PTI).
The objective of the Trade Agreements PTI is to advance CBP’s mission by working with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate legitimate trade and address areas of non-compliance while effectively communicating the terms of our free trade agreements and preferential trade legislation. The Trade Agreements PTI is limited to goods other than textiles and apparel, as textiles and apparel products are handled under a separate Textiles PTI.
Information related to the various Trade Preference Programs for Non-Textiles
- Free Trade Agreements
- Special Trade Legislation
- Certification of Origin Template - A fillable Certification of Origin PDF that can be used for several trade agreements.
- Side-by-Side Comparison of Free Trade Agreements and Selected Preferential Trade Legislation Programs-Non-Textiles
- Implementation and Expiration Dates, Selected FTAs and Preferential Trade Legislation
- Merchandise Processing Fee
- Softwood Lumber
- Synopsis of Selected Trade Programs (Non-Textile) - A brief powerpoint guide to selected free trade agreements and trade programs