|How do I reset my portal password?
You can retrieve a forgotten password through the ACE Secure Data Portal with an ACE user ID. Here are the steps:
- From the login information screen, enter your ACE user ID.
- Click the "Forgot Your Password" link.
- Type a response to each question on the "Reset Password – Challenge Questions" screen (note: answers are case-sensitive.)
- The very first time you logged into ACE you answered 5 challenge questions. You will be asked 3.
- Click the "Submit" button when done.
- If you answered your questions correctly, you will click the "OK" button when the "Password Change Successful” message appears.
- A new password will be e-mailed to the account specified in your ACE user profile.
- Once you have received this e-mail, open it and click on the hyperlink found in the email.
- Type in your "Shared Secret" (also case sensitive) in the blank field.
- Click the "Submit" button, and a new temporary password will appear with your account ID. Return to the ACE login screen, and enter your user ID and temporary password you just received.
For additional information and assistance, send an e-mail to ACE.Support@cbp.dhs.gov. If you are a trade caller or if you are calling outside the United States, you can also contact ACE Support at (866) 530-4172 option 1, then option 2.
|Where can I get help/training?
To learn how to use the ACE Portal, you can visit the ACE Training and Reference Guides page or view a web based training course. For more specific help or assistance on the ACE Secure Data Portal, call ACE Support at 1-866-530-4172 option 1, then option 2 or email ACE.Support@cbp.dhs.gov.
|How do I fill out the portal application?
The ACE Secure Data Portal Application form is available on CBP.gov and can downloaded and saved to your computer, completed online and can be mailed or submitted electronically back to CBP for account creation. The ACE Application form requires the following sections to be completed:
- A: Account Information, including business activity with CBP (complete only applicable view)
- B: Account Owner Designation (primary account user)
- C: Point of Contact Information
- D: Authorization and acknowledgment signature (electronic signature are accepted if submitting application via email)
|How can I check the status of my ACE Portal application?
To check on the status of an application already submitted, send an e-mail to ACE.Support@cbp.dhs.gov, please include the company name and approximate Date/Time submitted, or contact ACE Support at (866) 530-4172 option 1, then option 2.
|I have an ACE account. How do my employees access the portal?
Once you have established an ACE Secure Data Portal Account and assigned a Trade Account Owner (TAO), your TAO will provide access to employees as needed. The Manage User Access guide on CBP.gov/ACE provides step-by-step instructions on adding new portal users to an ACE Secure Data Portal Account.
|What happens if my account access is disabled/dormant?
Users need to log into the ACE Secure Data Portal at least once every 45 days to keep their account active. If the account is inactive or disabled, the user identified by the User ID will need to contact ACE Support at 1-866-530-4172, option 1, then option 2 or via email at ACE.Support@cbp.dhs.gov to reactivate account.
|What happens if the Trade Account Owner leaves the company?
If the Trade Account Owner of an ACE Secure Data Portal Account leaves the company, a new ACE Application with the new TAO information is required to be submitted for the account change.
|What can I currently do through the portal?
The ACE Portal currently allows you to:
- Send ISF data (only low volume, < 12 per year)
- File an Import Truck Manifest
- Run Reports
- Respond to CBP forms 28, 29, 4647
- Create Blanket Declarations
- Submit Supporting Documentation
- Manage Account and Periodic Monthly Statement Information
|Can a broker respond to 28, 29, 4647 forms via the portal?
CBP Forms 28, 29 and 4647 are currently only available to an importer via the importer’s ACE Portal account.
|How do I manage multiple IOR numbers under one account?
Importers may open an ACE Secure Data Portal account with a single or multiple Importer of Record (IOR) numbers. The ACE Application form includes three IOR number fields. If additional IOR numbers need to be included in the application form, the importer may provide a separate list with IOR numbers and submit it along with the ACE application form. Importers who have an existing ACE Secure Data Portal account can contact ACE Support for assistance adding additional IOR numbers to their account.
|Will ABI transmit directly to the ACE portal?
The trade community will continue to use the Automated Broker Interface to transmit data into ACE. The ACE Secure Data Portal provides a view to the trade’s account information in ACE and access to the reports tool to monitor electronic transactions filed with ACE.