Welcome to the ACE FAQ page. To see the answer to one of the questions listed below, click the plus sign next to that question.
If you don't see your question, feel free to contact one of the support resources below.
- For questions related to EDI filing, call your client representative. If you do not have a client representative, call 571-468-5500
- For portal account related issues, call or email the ACE Help Desk: 1-866-530-4172 or ACE.Support@cbp.dhs.gov
- For any other questions, email askACE@cbp.dhs.gov
This section includes general questions about ACE.
+ Who is eligible to file in ACE? Brokers? Self-filers? Importers?
+ Will ACE be taking the place of ABI?
+ What date will entry summary recordkeeping retrieval into ACE by available to importers?
+ What are the recommended system requirements for ACE?
In addition, it is recommended that ACE Secure Data Portal users have:
- A PDF file viewer, such as Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word or similar office document products to work with files interchanged via the portal.
This section includes questions about ACE export manifest filing.
+ When can/must we file exports in ACE? When will AES go away?
+ Will ACE replace AESDirect?
+ For exports and PGA integration, is there any intent to replace paper export license processes (such as DSP-73) with electronic decrementation?
+ As of May 1, 2015, will I be required to file all of my export manifests through ACE?
There are several benefits to filing export manifests electronically, including:
- ACE will provide advance validation of the Internal Transaction Number (ITN)
- ACE will provide advance notice of holds prior to loading
- ACE will automate the closing out of the in-bond transaction with one departure message/automated gen dec
This section includes questions about filing entries in ACE.
+ When can I file my entry / Cargo Release in ACE?
+ With ACE cargo release there is no longer a paper 3461. How do I show proof of my release?
For more information, please review the full policy on Form 3461.
+ What is the date that CBP will have the cargo release/entry capabilities that will be mandatory on November 1, 2015 ready for use by the trade?
This section includes questions about integration with CBP's Partner Government Agencies (PGAs).
+ Will all PGAs be in ACE by the time cargo release is mandatory?
+ When will FDA be using ACE? DOT? FCC?
+ Can I currently file any PGA data via ACE?
This section includes questions about filing data in ACE via Electronic Data Interchange (EDI).
+ Does CBP provide a list of CBP approved EDI Software vendors?
+ Does CBP have technical information for interfacing with ACE available on CBP.gov?
+ Who do I contact if I have EDI ACE questions?
This section includes questions about filing ACE entry summaries.
+ How can you file Post Entry Amendments (PEAs) in ACE?
+ Can entry summaries be filed via the ACE Portal?
+ When will Reconciliation be available in ACE?
Entry summaries (types 01, 11, 03) currently filed in ACE may be flagged for Reconciliation.
This section includes questions about the ACE Secure Data Portal.
+ How do I reset my portal password?
- From the login information screen, enter your ACE user ID.
- Click the "Forgot Your Password" link.
- Type a response to each question on the "Reset Password – Challenge Questions" screen (note: answers are case-sensitive.)
- The very first time you logged into ACE you answered 5 challenge questions. You will be asked 3.
- Click the "Submit" button when done.
- If you answered your questions correctly, you will click the "OK" button when the "Password Change Successful” message appears.
- A new password will be e-mailed to the account specified in your ACE user profile.
- Once you have received this e-mail, open it and click on the hyperlink found in the email.
- Type in your "Shared Secret" (also case sensitive) in the blank field.
- Click the "Submit" button, and a new temporary password will appear with your account ID. Return to the ACE login screen, and enter your user ID and temporary password you just received.
For additional information and assistance, send an e-mail to ACE.Support@cbp.dhs.gov. If you are a trade caller or if you are calling outside the United States, you can also contact ACE Support at (866) 530-4172 option 1, then option 2.
+ Where can I get help/training?
For more specific help or assistance on the ACE Secure Data Portal, call ACE Support at 1-866-530-4172 option 1, then option 2 or email ACE.Support@cbp.dhs.gov.
+ How do I fill out the portal application?
The ACE Secure Data Portal Application form is available on CBP.gov and can downloaded and saved to your computer, completed online and can be mailed or submitted electronically back to CBP for account creation. The ACE Application form requires the following sections to be completed:
- A: Account Information, including business activity with CBP (complete only applicable view)
- B: Account Owner Designation (primary account user)
- C: Point of Contact Information
- D: Authorization and acknowledgment signature (electronic signature are accepted if submitting application via email)
+ How can I check the status of my ACE Portal application?
To check on the status of an application already submitted, send an e-mail to ACE.Support@cbp.dhs.gov, please include the company name and approximate Date/Time submitted, or contact ACE Support at (866) 530-4172 option 1, then option 2.
+ I have an ACE account. How do my employees access the portal?
Once you have established an ACE Secure Data Portal Account and assigned a Trade Account Owner (TAO), your TAO will provide access to employees as needed. The Manage User Access guide on CBP.gov/ACE provides step-by-step instructions on adding new portal users to an ACE Secure Data Portal Account.
+ What happens if my account access is disabled/dormant?
Users need to log into the ACE Secure Data Portal at least once every 45 days to keep their account active. If the account is inactive or disabled, the user identified by the User ID will need to contact ACE Support at 1-866-530-4172, option 1, then option 2 or via email at ACE.Support@cbp.dhs.gov to reactivate account.rtal Account.
+ What happens if the Trade Account Owner leaves the company?
If the Trade Account Owner of an ACE Secure Data Portal Account leaves the company, a new ACE Application with the new TAO information is required to be submitted for the account change.
+ What can I currently do through the portal?
The ACE Portal currently allows you to:
- Send ISF data (only low volume,
- File an Import Truck Manifest
- Run Reports
- Respond to CBP forms 28, 29, 4647
- Create Blanket Declarations
- Submit Supporting Documentation
- Manage Account and Periodic Monthly Statement Information
+ Can a broker respond to 28, 29, 4647 forms via the portal?
CBP Forms 28, 29 and 4647 are currently only available to an importer via the importer’s ACE Portal account.
+ How do I manage multiple IOR numbers under one account?
Importers may open an ACE Secure Data Portal account with a single or multiple Importer of Record (IOR) numbers. The ACE Application form includes three IOR number fields. If additional IOR numbers need to be included in the application form, the importer may provide a separate list with IOR numbers and submit it along with the ACE application form. Importers who have an existing ACE Secure Data Portal account can contact ACE Support for assistance adding additional IOR numbers to their account.
+ Will ABI transmit directly to the ACE portal?
The trade community will continue to use the Automated Broker Interface to transmit data into ACE. The ACE Secure Data Portal provides a view to the trade’s account information in ACE and access to the reports tool to monitor electronic transactions filed with ACE.count.