US flag Official website of the Department of Homeland Security

Mobile Nav Button


What if I want to take advantage of what the FTZ Program offers, how do I get started?

If you are interested in establishing a zone, the applicant for a zone must submit an application to the Foreign-Trade Zones Board, who review and approve applications to establish, operate, and maintain foreign-trade zones (contact the FTZ Board for guidelines for completing an application ). Contact the Customs Port Director nearest the location you have in mind, to discuss your zone project. (FTZs must be located at or near a Customs port of entry).