US flag Official website of the Department of Homeland Security

Mobile Nav Button


What do I do if I have a complaint?

The first step is to seek informal EEO counseling by contacting CBP's Privacy and Diversity (PDO) Complaint Intake Hotline at (1-877) MY-EEO-HELP (1-877-693-3643); by submitting a Request for EEO Counseling; or by contacting your servicing DCR Officer. To preserve the right to file a formal EEO complaint, individuals who believe they have been subjected to unlawful discrimination must seek informal EEO counseling within 45 calendar days of the alleged discriminatory act. The allegation will be assigned to a PDO staff member to conduct informal EEO counseling. At the initial interview, the EEO counselor will explain the EEO complaint process and the option to participate in mediation.