US flag Official website of the Department of Homeland Security

Mobile Nav Button


Once I receive my grant, may I start operating immediately?

No, the grant of approval is issued by the Foreign-Trade Zones Board. However, before operations can take place, the zone operator (or grantee/operator) shall make written application to the Customs Port Director to obtain approval of activation of a zone.