US flag Official website of the Department of Homeland Security

Mobile Nav Button


I have heard that AES required a DUNS number. What do I do if I don't have one?

AES requires an Employer Identification Number (EIN) or Social Security Number (SSN) but allows the reporting of the Data Universal Number System (DUNS) number as one of several ways to identify a party in an export transaction. "DUNS" is a registered trademark of The Dun and Bradstreet Corporation. There is no charge to obtain a unique nine-digit D & B DUNS number for your company. You may contact them directly online at the Dun & Bradstreet, Inc. website or call 1-800-333-0505 for more information if you wish to register with them, but AES does not require it.