US flag Official website of the Department of Homeland Security

Mobile Nav Button


Do I need a representative?

While you have the right to be accompanied and advised by a representative at every stage of the EEO process, as long as there is no conflict of interest or position, you do not need to have a representative. If you choose to be represented during the informal EEO counseling process, you must complete a Designation of Representative Form and submit it to the appropriate EEO official.