If you have served in the Uniformed Services of the United States including the military services, the U.S. Coast Guard, the U.S. Public Health Service, you may be entitled to certain rights and benefits as a CBP employee. Search this page for information on how to receive credit for uniformed service.
If you are unable to find what you need here, please send us a message at CBPvets@cbp.dhs.gov.
General Information and Guides
- Checklist: Called to Active Duty Military Service
- Checklist: A New Employee with Active Duty Military Service
- Checklist: A New Employee with Prior Military Reserve or National Guard Service
- Checklist: Previous Student of a U.S. Military Academy
- Checklist: Retired from Active Duty Military Service
- Checklist: Planning to Separate to Join the Military
- Checklist: Planning to Retire from Civil Service and have Military Service
- Checklist: A Disabled Veteran
- OPM Memorandum (Rights & Benefits of Reservists Called to Active Duty)
- OPM Veterans' Guide
- Military Leave
- Military Leave FAQs
- Crediting Additional Leave for Military Leave
- Federal Benefits for Veterans' and Dependents
- OPM's Guidance - Regarding the return of activated military members serving in the global war on terrorism
- Letter from the White House - Regarding the return of activated military members serving in the global war on terrorism
- Veterans' Administration
- OPM Veterans' Information
- TSP for Uniformed Services
- USERRA Employee/Manager Brief
- USERRA Advisor for Employee and Employer Issues
- Public Law 110-181 Death Gratuity Benefit under (OWCP-FECA) Section 8102a for Federal Employees serving in the Armed Forces in a contingency operation
- Administrative Leave for Military Duty
- Reservist Differential
Military Deposit Information
- For FERS Employees with Military Service - Very Important Notice!
- For CSRS Employees First Hired After 9/30/82 with Military Service After 12/31/56 - Very Important Notice!
- For CSRS Employees First Hired Before 10/1/82 with Military Service After 12/31/56 who will be eligible for a Social Security Benefit at age 62 - Important Notice!
- Military Deposit Interest by Year