- Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBPO). A CBPO entry-level job opportunity announcement for Veterans’ is currently open on USAJOBS until April 26, 2015. Click here to see the announcement on USAJobs.
Reemployment of Retired CBP Officers. Click here for more information
- Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBPO). A CBPO entry-level job opportunity announcement for the general public (U.S. Citizens) will be open from April 27 through May 11, 2015 or until 15,000 applications are received.
CBP Officer FAQs
To ensure the accomplishment of our mission, CBP requires that every employee be reliable, trustworthy and fit for duty. To meet these standards, applicants must undergo and successfully pass, a thorough background investigation (which includes a polygraph examination), a medical examination, two pre-employment fitness examinations, a drug test, and a structured interview in order to be placed in a CBP Officer position.
This section provides frequently asked questions by applicants for the CBP Officer position concerning the application and test registration process; the selection process; the pre-appointment screening process; processing timeframes; and reporting for duty and training.
- CBP Officer Qualifications and Requirements
- Duty Locations Where CBP Officers are Hired
- How To Apply and Schedule for the CBP Officer Entrance Examination
- Reporting for Duty and Training
CBP Officer Candidate Fitness Requirements
CBP Officer Candidates are required to take and pass two Pre-employment Fitness Tests (PFT-1 & PFT-2). The PFT-1 is the first step in the hiring process and is conducted with your medical exam. The PFT-2 is taken approximately 30 days prior to your entrance on duty. To increase your chances of passing both PFTs, review and practice both of the fitness requirements, and engage in a regular physical exercise program. Be sure to consult with your personal physician prior to engaging in a regular fitness program.
After the Written Test - Understanding the Notice of Results
After you have been Tentatively Selected - the Pre-employment Processes
- Checking the status of your application using the Central Applicant Self-Services System "CASS"
- Medical and Fitness Examinations & Drug Test
- Video Based Test and Structured Interview
- Background and Polygraph