What to do if you can't access your account:
If you are unable to access your account, please double check that your user name is correct. The user name should be the same as the email address you entered into the Portal as your contact information. If you need to reset your password, see below.
If you are still unable to access your account, it may be locked. This can happen for a number of reasons, including if you have entered an incorrect password too many times, or if your account has been suspended due to a change in your company’s C‐TPAT status.
If your account seems locked, please contact your Supply Chain Security Specialist or the C‐TPAT Duty Officer of the day at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 344‐1180 for assistance.
What to do if the Portal gives you an error message:
How to reset your password:
First, be sure you are entering your user name correctly. The user name should be exactly the same as the email address that you entered into the system as your contact information. If you are sure your user name is correct, please follow these instructions below:
- Go to the C‐TPAT Portal web tool.
- Click on the "Forgot your password?" link below the login button.
- In the block for "User Name" type in the e‐mail address exactly as you typed it when you originally accessed the Web Portal.
- Click “Reset” only once – the process may take a few minutes. Clicking the “Reset” button will result in multiple resets, which can be confusing.
- Wait at that screen until you see an acknowledgement that an email will be sent with the temporary password.
- Wait for the email; you should receive it within one hour.
- Click on the link provide in the email and follow the instructions to create a new password. You will be asked to type this new password twice.
- Make sure your new password is at least 8 alphanumeric characters long.
If these instructions still do not work, please send an email to email@example.com or call the Duty Officer of the Day at (202) 344‐1180. Be advised that the Duty Officer cannot reset your password for you, they can only check the account to see if there is another problem.
How to take a screenshot:
If you encounter an error message on the C‐TPAT Portal, please email your problem to the C‐TPAT Duty Officer of the Day at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is helpful for you to include a screen shot of the error message on the screen so that our technical experts can better understand the nature of your problem.
To take a screen shot, also known as a screen capture, please follow these instructions:
Bring up the error message on your monitor.
Press the key on the upper right‐hand side of your keyboard that says “Print Screen/SysRq.”
Open an email message.
Use your mouse to place the cursor in the email message.
Press Ctrl + V to paste the image into your message.
Send your screen shot, along with any additional information about what happened before the error message popped up, to email@example.com.