Pursuant to the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969, 42 U.S.C. 4321 et seq. (NEPA), U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Office of Technology Innovation and Acquisition (OTIA) prepared a final Environmental Assessment (EA) and a Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI) for the SBInet Tucson West Tower Project and are now available for public review and comment.
The final EA documents the potential environmental impacts associated with the proposed construction, installation, operation, and maintenance of a system of sensor and communication towers, which include associated access roads, communications components, and a combination of sensor and communication components on towers within the U.S. Border Patrol (USBP) Ajo, Casa Grande, Tucson, Nogales and Sonoita stations’ Areas of Responsibility in southwest Arizona. Based on the final EA, a determination was made that this project showed no significant environmental effects are likely to occur. The FONSI represents the agency’s formal decision that the project can be implemented without significant impact to human health or the environment.
For more information please contact:
- Final Environmental Assessment (Part 1)
- Final Environmental Assessment (Part 2)
- Final Environmental Assessment (Part 3)
- Final Environmental Assessment (Part 4)
- Final Environmental Assessment (Part 5)
- Final Supplemental Environmental Assessment (Part 1)
- Final Supplemental Environmental Assessment (Part 2)