1295 Hwy 93 West
Whitefish, MT 59937
Phone: (406) 862-2561
Fax: (406) 862-2599
The Whitefish Border Patrol Station was originally an outpost from 1924 - 1927 and was located at Gateway, Montana, Rexford, Montana & Eureka, Montana. The original Whitefish Station was relocated to Whitefish in 1930 and operated until 1942 in Whitefish.
From 1942 to 1952 the station returned to Eureka, Montana. From 1952 to 1955 the station was located at the Roosville Port of Entry. In 1955, the station returned to Whitefish.
In 1961 a new station was built in Whitefish at the present site. In the summer of 2000, the Whitefish Station was remodeled to its current size.
Area of Responsibility
The Whitefish Station is responsible for 35 miles of International Border in Flathead County and is responsible for 7 other counties not adjacent to the International Border. Included in its area of responsibility is a large portion of Glacier National Park.