US flag Official website of the Department of Homeland Security

Mobile Nav Button

 

Orlando Station

2348 Trade Port Drive
Orlando, Florida 32824
Phone: (407) 967-4000
Fax: (407) 967-4033

History
The first Border Patrol Station in Orlando, Florida was established in 1950. The primary purpose for the station at that time was to provide law enforcement response to airfields in the center of the state in conjunction with smuggling by air from Cuba. In addition, the location of the Orlando station provided agents with the ability to check northbound railways and bus systems. In 1955, the Orlando station was closed and the agents transferred to a new station in Daytona Beach, Florida. The Orlando Station reopened in 1959, closed again in 1962, then reopened in 1971. Since then, the Orlando area has become a major tourist attraction.

Area of Responsibility
The Orlando Border Patrol Station's Area of Responsibility (AOR) covers the counties of Brevard, Lake, Orange, Osceola, Seminole, and Volusia. This area of responsibility is 5,611 square miles and has a population of 2,777,360 based on the last U.S. Census Bureau report (2003). The area of responsibility includes 125 miles of Atlantic Seaboard from Ormond Beach in northern Volusia County to Sebastian Inlet in southern Brevard County. There are two major airports in the Orlando area, as well as a major seaport located in Cape Canaveral. The Orlando Sanford Airport logged over 1.6 million passengers while the Orlando International Airport processed over 34 million passengers in 2006. The Port Canaveral Seaport drew almost 4 million passengers and processed over 4.5 million short tons of cargo.