1205 Texas Avenue
Lubbock, Texas 79401
Phone: (806) 472-7355
Fax: (806) 472-7393
History and Area of Responsibility
The Lubbock Station was first established in 1932. Five patrol Inspectors were assigned to the area to control the influx of aliens into the new farming industrial area of North Central Texas.
The station was closed during World War II. It was transferred to El Paso Sector in 1954 and then closed in December of that year. It was reopened as part of Del Rio Sector on June 1, 1955, and was transferred to Marfa Sector in 1963.
The Amarillo Sub-Station was opened in 1969.
The Lubbock and Amarillo Stations are responsible for 51, 633 square miles of the Texas South Plains and Panhandle and all of the state of Oklahoma.